Kendra R. (this was me) shared a personal devotion about listening to when God calls us. Sometimes we can get caught up in thinking that someone else is better fit for the job. As mothers we have a tendency to wear ourselves out and to become exhausted focusing in the wrong direction. Our eyes should always be on God and to hear what His purpose is for us.Here are a few scriptures from the devotion:
- Proverbs 3:27 Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it.
- Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
- Romans 15:1 We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
- Galatians 6:2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
- 2 Corinthians 8:9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich.
- Scripture, pick a single verse or two to that speaks to you
- Observation, write the "facts" or what you observe about the verse or the context of it
- Application, make it personal; why did this verse speak to you, what do you need to do in response
- Prayer, ask for help to live out the verse or praise for what it reveals about God
Joshua 1:8 says, "Do not let this Book of the Law [the Bible] depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. "
Thank you, Joan, for a wonderful evening! We can make copies of the handouts. If you want one, let Lisa know.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
January 22, 2013– Social: Bella Luna at New Market Square, 7:00-9:00 p.m., no childcare.
February 12, 2013– Biblical Parenting/Spiritual Development.
February 26, 2013– Social: Cocoa Dulce at Bradley Fair, 7:30pm, no childcare.
Your Evening Carelink Blogger (ECB) – Kendra R.